Tactile and Braille Signs
Signarama custom tactile & Braille signs are considered assistive technology to the visually impaired in many countries.
Compliant custom tactile and braille signs have been available in our stores worldwide since laws were implemented requiring tactile (touch informative) displays and signage. We are experts at identifying and assessing your company's needs for custom tactile and braille signs in your business. We can conduct a site survey and evaluate your signage for compliance to your local ordinances. Signarama braille sign solutions are as simple as replacing or adding to your existing braille signage or can be very wide-sweeping and comprehensive if necessary.
Most regulatory rules concerning tactile and braille signage calls for certain guidelines to be met. They are as follows:
- In some countries, Grade 1 braille is sufficient for the signage used indoors. In the US for example, Grade 2 braille must be used for the tactile or touchable component of the ADA compliant signs. Signarama has both Grade 1 and Grade 2 braille for your compliant signage.
- Appearance and finish - All braille signs from Signarama are intended to comply with government regulations and are the correct colors, using matte and non-gloss finishes. High color contrast is also a requirement we are very familiar with at Signarama. We make sure your braille sign products are all compliant. Some countries require lighting for certain custom braille signs; allow our experts to walk you through this process of selection and procurement of the products that are right for you.
- All typefonts used on braille signs must be approved. At Signarama, we know the font regulations, size, and readability guidlelines. We adhere to them on your behalf to insure compliance and maximum visibility.
- Pictograms are the graphics allowed on braille ADA etched or engraved signs. They have to be a certain height, and their placement on the sign is also improtant. Our experts make easy work of this on a routine basis!
- Inserts and changeable copy can be present on ADA signs, and braille interpretations for those words need not be included on the sign. We have a wide array of braille sign products and systems that allow for flexibility and still meet the governmental standards.
- Sign Placement - Braille signs for the ADA standard require specific measurement and positioning in a workplace. Signarama's site survey and installation is right on target with these important components of the ADA law.
Custom braille signs are ordinarily made of plastic, weatherproof acrylic, or metal. Wood can also be used, but most newer implementations shy from wood over the other more popular materials. The braille is made in a number of ways, inlaid or applied. Inlaid is a process involving two pieces of material, one computer, or router, engraved and the other serving as the contrasting color for visibility. Applied is a process by which letters and braille are affixed to the surface of the sign with a high-grade adhesive. Our braille experts at your local Signarama can recommend the best method and solution for your needs. We are very familiar with braille and raised image signs and are ready to serve you at conveniently located sign centers. Make the right call to Signarama today for all of your custom tactile & braille signs needs.
Customers and industries of all types fall under the regulations for tactile and braille signs. Restaurants, office buildings, theatres, hotels and hospitality firms, medical, and manufacturing all must comply. Transportation centers, retail shopping, governmental and municipal, schools, and child care centers are also included in these regulations. The laws were created to increase the accessibility of our common spaces to those with disabilities. Signarama is well versed in helping clients with these products. Allow us to help your business too!
Tactile & Braille Signs
- Composite Materials
Use, Longevity & UV Stability:
- Permanent outdoor
- Meet specific code regulations
- Customization available
- Wide range of colors and styles available
- Public Spaces
- Office Buildings
- Transportation Centers